Monday, December 14, 2009

How I discovered the Youtube Talent Kakums

So here is how I first discovered the talent that is Kakums:

Back when I first started using youtube I used it mainly for watching music videos. I didn't know there was such a thing as vlogging at the time or that people uploaded videos of themselves for everyone else to see.

One day I was looking for the badass video of "A Favor House Atlantic" by coheed and cambria, and I stumbled upon one of her covers. I then looked at her other videos and was instantly hooked to her style of "I don't give a shit" theatrics and her stoner mentallity.

By the time I discovered her she had almost stopped making videos completely though. I guess everyone goes through a phase where they start posting youtube videos all the time because they want to feel as if they matter in the world. She was no different. But then she probably got bored and realized how senseless and time consuming it was to make youtube videos and not even get paid to do it. So she left the youtube scene for a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment